Facts about modern interceptor body armor:
- More effective than traditional bulletproof vests
- Designed by DARPA – the central R & D organization of the Department of Defense (DoD) which has a $3.2 billion dollar annual budget
- The Outer Tactical Vest (OTV) and the small arm Protective Inserts (SAPI) can stop most bullets going slower than 1525 ft/s
- The vest covers both the front and the back
- It is unisex. Men and Women have the same standard issue
- The vest has removable parts to protect the neck, throat, shoulders and groin
- The entire armor system weighs 16.4 pounds, down from the previous armor system which weighed 25.1 pounds
- There is a trade-off between loss of mobility and comfort and weight v. Protection. This is a strategic problem in Iraq when lightly equipped insurgents V. a fully protected American soldier with weapons, ammunition, armor, food, water, and other equimpment has 60 lbs of gear.
- You must wear the standard gear
- The complete Interceptor system costs $1585
10Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
11Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
18Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;