This forum features Tony Blair as host and took place today at the World Economic Forum in Davos.
The Panelists are:
- Abdullah Ahmad Badawi, Prime Minister of Malaysia
- Mahdi Hadavi, Founder and President, Porch of Wisdom Cultural Institution, Islamic Republic of Iran
- David A. Harris, Executive Director, American Jewish Committee, USA
- Theodore Cardinal McCarrick, Archbishop of Washington DC (2001-2006), USA
- Rick Warren, Author, Saddleback Church, USA
I watched the Rick Warren part that starts at 40:15. He answers the question “why faith?” and asks “can we not all get along?” because good work is good work regardless of the motivations behind it. Warren believes that religious groups have an existing global network that has been entrenched for centuries that can be used for PEACE
P – promote reconciliation
E – Equip Ethical Leaders
A – Assist the Poor
C – Care for the sick
E – Educate the next generation
There is a three minute video at the beginning introducing the subject and then each of the panelists speak starting with the Malaysian Prime Minister.